NFL Quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s Decision
Everyone in the sports world has been shocked by the news of US inmate Lashawn Thompson. As per the reports, the condition of the jail was very bad.
His family believes the facility there was horrible and these conditions led to his death.
Former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick comes forward to this and made a deep announcement. Colin Kaepernick is stepping up to take the lead and wants to help the family of Lashawn Thompson to find answers.
Thompson died in a Fulton County Jail cell. Thompson’s family and their family attorneys claim that he was “eaten alive” by insects and bugs while in jail.
The family wants a legal investigation for this and many people and families have come ahead to support this. Everyone is blaming the facility of the system. It is been said the system has failed to provide help and support just because of their negligence.
Colin Kaepernick is an American civil rights activist and former NFL quarterback who is a free agent.
He played six seasons for the San Francisco 49ers and has made a remarkable career. Colin played college football for the Nevada Wolf Pack.
The family of Lashawn Thompson didn’t get satisfied with the medical examiner’s initial autopsy and they didn’t get the answers that they hoping for.
That’s why Kaepernick come ahead to help them to find their answers. He will pay for an independent autopsy.
Thompson was arrested on a simple battery charge and taken to the Fulton County Jail in June 2022 and was later placed in the psychiatric wing due to mental health issues.
“The free-agent NFL quarterback and activist is helping with the cost of a second autopsy,” Ben Crump, the representative of the Lashawn Thompson family said on Thursday.
“We want to thank Colin Kaepernick for helping this family get to the truth, and as soon as we get the results of that independent autopsy we’re going to come right back here and let people know what happened to him.”, they said.
For this amazing work, the sports world is praising Colin and reacting to the news.
“Respect,” one person tweeted.
“Doing great work,” another person wrote.
Kaepernick is a great guy and this is nothing new to him. Last year he launched an initiative through his “Know Your Rights Organization” to help families get free, secondary autopsies.
Did you read it : Detroit Lions announced deep shocking news, fans shocked
Top points covered :
- Former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick has come forward to help the family of Lashawn Thompson, an inmate who died in a Fulton County Jail cell.
- Thompson’s family and their attorneys claim that he was “eaten alive” by insects and bugs while in jail, and they want a legal investigation into the conditions of the jail.
- Kaepernick will pay for an independent autopsy to help the family find the answers they are seeking.
- The sports world is praising Kaepernick for his activism and dedication to social justice.
- This is not the first time Kaepernick has taken action to help families in similar situations, as he launched an initiative last year to provide free secondary autopsies through his “Know Your Rights Organization.”